Root Canal Therapy Near You
What is Endodontics?
Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy near you targets damaged pulp. It is a tool used to save a tooth from extraction, removing infected or damaged pulp before it causes any further damage to your oral health. Many conditions lead to damaged pulp, including:
- Tooth decay: when tooth decay makes its way past the enamel and layers of dentin, it can compromise the pulp.
- Infection: tooth damage, decay, or trauma can lead to infections requiring root canal therapy.
- Tooth damage: if your tooth is chipped or cracked, it can expose tooth pulp, leading to inflammation and pain.
When you undergo root canal therapy in Grande Prairie, AB, our dentist will disinfect the tooth and remove all the harmful bacteria from the root while preserving the tooth’s structure. They may also offer you a dental crown to strengthen and protect your affected tooth.
Many people worry that getting a root canal will cause them pain. While you may feel slight discomfort, the pain is often exaggerated by the media. When you undergo root canal therapy, you will generally find that your pain levels have gone down compared to when your tooth was infected.
What Are the Benefits of Root Canal Therapy?
There are many advantages to getting root canal therapy, including:
- Saves your tooth from extraction
- Improves your oral health
- Improves the appearance of your smile
- Prevents the spread of tooth decay and cavities
If you have been experiencing a persistent toothache, darkening tooth, or tooth sensitivity, visit our team at Gateway Dentistry Group. We are happy to provide our patients with root canal therapy in Grande Prairie. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to learn more about this procedure today!